½ day Human Resource Administrative Clerk (08h00-13h00)
Our client is looking for a person who is efficient and effective in administrative duties, particularly relating to the people management (HR) function.
The successful candidate shall have a Grade 12 and a minimum of 3 yrs experience within a Human Resource department in a generalist capacity.
The position is based in Pietermaritzburg but requires the individual to have a valid driver’s licence due to the need to go to other sites within Pietermaritzburg to interact with managers and staff on people management related matters from an administrative capacity.
Obviously, the ability to retain confidentiality is essential for the incumbent to be successful in this position as they deal with sensitive issues such a payroll and disciplinary matters from an administrative perspective. The person shall be required to prove that they are able to maintain impartiality with regard to employee relations.
The successful candidate shall posses effective communication (verbal & written & listening) skills as well as be solution orientated.
The role focuses on the responsibility for all administrative functions relating to the People Management aspect of the organisation in terms of legal compliance and employee support.
Some of the functions include, but not limited to :
- Communication of payroll changes to Finance as well as administrative functions related to Pension, UIF / Emolument / distribute IRP5 Certificates and Pension Fund statements/ distribute payslips and maintaining appropriate records of these functions
- Administer COID claims /documentation
- Administration function with regard to grievances and disciplinary matters including enquiries
- Administer all corporate insurance claims
- Monitor and administer all types of leave
- Update and maintain all employee files ensuring kept in an appropriate format as per master file
- Draft HR related Circulars and Communications as advised by the manager
- Administrative function with regard to recruitment and appointments and terminations of employment
- Process documentation with regard to the withdrawals from the Pension fund and provide admin assistance to dependents of any deceased staff
- Attend meetings and recording of minutes
- Coordinate and administer the Health & Safety meetings
A full Job Description is available to short listed candidates.
Kindly forward your CV and a letter of motivation as to why the organisation should consider you for the next phase of the recruitment process – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 086 684 5604.
We shall confirm receipt of your Letter of Motivation and CV and should you be unsuccessful in your application to go to the next phase we shall notify you as soon as possible.
Thank you for showing an interest in this position, it would be to your benefit to ensure that you follow the instructions should you wish for us to take your application seriously.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY 11 APRIL 2018.